Friday, October 30, 2009

Best Media Remote For your Digital Living Room

by: Brotha Tech (http://brothatech.com)

Media Remote for your HTPC

…One of these days, Brotha Tech will be large enough to where my inbox will be full of messages from companies itching to send me their products so I can bless them with my insightful, witty reviews. Until then, there are some other folks out there who are already where I am trying to go. So instead of ignoring their existence until I am put on, I will gladly support other great sources for great tech products.

The Lowdown:

One such source is Digital Living Room. The article that caught my eye was "Top 3 Media Remotes for your HTPC Media Center".

A Media Remote is a little different than your average TV, VCR, DVD, AVR remote…actually, it's all those remotes with the addition of an PC remote all rolled up into one. For those who don't know (this IS a place for learning), a Home Theater PC is a computer that can handle most if not all of your typical media. Whether it be music, home videos, streaming movies, online and broadcast TV shows, and movies you've saved (legally of course) on your PC, a HTPC has "upgraded" equipment and software than can handle the load most media can throw at a device…I should've just quoted from the article myself…it did a better job!

A Media Remote is one of the most important elements of your digital living room as that determines how comfortable you are able to control your HTPC Media Center. The key contribution of this article is to help you first to recognize what do you expect from your HTPC Media Center and then suggest the best media remote for those activities.

Since nobody wants to fumble around with a large keyboard and mouse in your lap (I used to do it with a TV dinner tray) just to get to the content on your PC, a Media Remote is the best choice.

That's where the article comes in and gives you a breakdown of the top remotes that can control your HTPC. So check it out: Top 3 Media Remotes For Your HTPC Media Center.


View article...


No comments:

Post a Comment